Wednesday 11 August 2010

Kiss Me Quick Hats












Cockles and mussels, alive alive'O. This is part of a series that I shot in Clacton (I wasn't there on holiday, just in case you were wondering). Atop the pier you will find fairground rides, slot machines, ghastly haunted houses and freeze-dried starfish. There IS however, a lovely Victorian tearoom (which reminded me of the film 'Wish You Were Here' with Emily Lloyd). unchanged since they poured their first cup of 'rosie'. You can buy pinks and lobster tail from the famous 'Tubby Isaacs' fish stand, and enjoy a jar of foaming ale on the prom, whilst you giggle at overweight Londoners blubbering in and out of the nut-brown 'briney'. Wonderfully enigmantic I thought to myself. So, I ventured underneath, where I found this; a sea of military precise pillars that created un-nerving alleyways as I walked back and forth through the shallow waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment