Thursday 19 August 2010

A blast from the past

























I always love looking through old work - stuff that has been relegated from my main folio, into one of the 'Don't Chuck, you never know when you might need it' folders. I came up with the idea for this curious little, Direct Marketing piece after studying one of those fire safety blankets in the kitchen of my local town hall, while it was playing host to an antiques fair (I think you can guess how exciting the exhibitors were). I thought it would be funny to turn the whole thing on it's head, so I created the concept of an Emergency Comfort Blanket, that could be sent out to potential new clients and hung up somewhere visible in their office. Then, the next time the marketing department gets let down by their incumbent creative agency, they could reach for the ECB, pull the soft blanket out of it's holder, place it against their cheak to relieve the stress and give us a call. It received a very positive response and contributed to the agency winning three new clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment